"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." Ayn Rand

terça-feira, outubro 3

Gaffes

E para variar, Bushismos.


"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."


"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"


"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."


"When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were. It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there."


"That's a chapter, the last chapter of the 20th, 20th, the 21st century that most of us would rather forget. The last chapter of the 20th century. This is the first chapter of the 21st century."


"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."


"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."


"Unfairly, but truthfully, our party has been tagged as being against things. Anti-immigrant, for example."

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -I believe what I believe is right."

"Marijuana? Cocaine? I'm not going to talk about what I did as a child."



Eu até não olho para George W.Bush jr. como a maior parte dos europeus, mas há que constatar que entre Bush e Lula existem algumas semelhanças. Aliás, muita da argumentação contida neste post foi utilizada pelo pessoal de esquerda para explicar a vitória de Bush nos EUA (i.e. Mário Soares). Agora, também não tenho dúvidas que entre a governação de Bush e a governação de Lula a diferença é enorme, com vantagem clara para o primeiro.

Add to Technorati Favorites Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe to RSS Feed